Friday, August 1, 2008

WTF Nerd!

I stepped into new depths of geekdom this week and you know what. I like it.

What I am referring to is a new show I just started watching which brings me into the realm of Sci-Fi Geektitude and that my friend is Battlestar Galactica

The show is pure nerd and I love it. It follows a fighter ship "Galactica" and its stories after a race of robots called Cylons, which man created, have destroyed mankind leaving only about 50,000 surviving members of the human race. The new twist is that the cylons have "upgraded" and mimic humans and not just the tin cans you see in the background above

Case in point ....

Take ME to your leader...

In case you didnt know shes a robotic bad ass.

This show mixes the perfect amount of sci-fi, action, great story line and cool visual effects. They have this certain camera view that is usually used in space that is just really cool to me, its hard to explain, its like a shaky zoom cam you see in some video games

an example can be seen here about 25 seconds in


Regardless I am catching up on it and recommend it if you are sci-fi fan at all

1 comment:

Life is Sew Crazy! said...

When are you watching this??