Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Are you ready for some football...Fantasy football.

Yes I am a Fantasy sports geek. I play it in all 4 major sports and usually have 4 teams each season. However Football is probably my favorite. I have never played for money because I think I would obsess to much about it, though I'm sure I can win some money
Click here to see my performances

My team name for the last 5-6 years has been Dislocated Elbows. It came from me losing a league when my best player that year went out for the season right before the playoffs with a dislocated elbow. That sounds painful as fuck and it stuck.

If you are sitting there going what the fuck is this shit he's talking about then check out this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American)


A lot of people think this is nerdy as hell and guess what? it is and I love it. To me it gives excitement to every game in the league not just your favorite team or a big time match up. I can watch other teams and enjoy the game cause I have a vested interest in it. you know you are truly hooked when a guy scores on your favorite team and you go FUCK YEAH because it just gave you a win in a league. I'm not sure what it is. The draft, especially a live one is great with all the shit talking and excitement for waiting for your pick. Its also the matter that in fantasy football you are always in it and can determine playoffs as a spoiler if your shitty team knocks off a guy on the bubble. It can be frustrating as hell especially if it happens to you(it has to me..man I was pissed)

This is the 1st year I hadnt bought a book and done a lot of research. Hell I even missed my own league draft that I run online. So lets hope this year isn't a disaster.

No comments: